Using reach envelopes
Determining reaching envelopes in the vertical plane is simple using the tool.
- Select a population from the population dropdown. Note: the tool provides three age groups, each divided into two height groups.
Determine reach envelopes
- Do any of the following:
- Find the mean, standard deviation, P5 and P95 values in the table.
- Click any of the values in the table to view their position in the graph.
- Drag the indicator in the graph to any position to see the exact value.
- Set a value using the horizontal distance and vertical distance fields to check whether this is within reach.
- The blue area in the graph denotes the difference in maximum reach for P5 and P95.
- The green area in the graph denotes the difference in comfortable reach for P5 and P95.